Vermont Driver License
If you want to drive a car in Vermont, you must have a valid driving license.
How to apply for a new Driver License in Vermont?
In order to obtain a driver license in Vermont, you need to go to the Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles. There you have to provide documentation and start the application part։
- Firstly, you need to provide proof of identification
– Birth certificate
- Secondly, you must provide your Vermont residency
- Thirdly, you have to submit an application
- Fourthly, you must pass tests
– You must pass a vision test
– You have to pass the written test of a Vermont Driver’s License
– And then you have to pass a Road test
- Fifthly, you must have your photo taken
- And lastly, you must pay all the necessary fees․
What do you need to do if you are under 18 and want to apply for a license?
If you want to apply for a Vermont Driver License, but you are under 18 years old, you need to pass the following steps according to the Vermont GDL program:
- First, you have to pass a driver’s education
- After that, you must pass a learner’s permit
- Then you have to pass Junior driver’s license
- And lastly, you need to pass a Senior driver’s license.
How to get a Learner’s Permit in Vermont?
If you want to get a Learner’s permit in Vermont, you have to go to your local Department of Motor Vehicles. You must meet some requirements in order to get a Learner’s permit. Here they are:
- Firstly, you have to be at least 15 years old
- Secondly, you must be enrolled in a Driver’s Education course
- After that, you need to provide documents
You must provide proof of identity
- You have to present birth date and legal presence
- Then you have to present Social Security Number and residency
- You have to pass a written test of DMV in Vermont
- Then you must complete an application for the permit.
- And lastly, you have to pay all the fees
When you get a learner’s permit you have to know the following:
- You can drive a car when you are with a licensed driver at least 25 years old
- Secondly, you can drive if you are supervised by your parents and guardian
- Lastly, you can drive if you are with a certified driver education instructor
How to get a Junior Driver’s License?
In order to start an application for a Junior Driver’s License, you have to meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 16 years old
- In order to get it, you must have held a Learner’s Permit for 1 year
- Then you have to complete a driver’s education course
- Fourthly, you have to complete an additional 40 hours supervised driving course with a 10 hours night course
- After this, you need to fill in this application in order to keep your hours
- And lastly, you must have had a clean driving record for at least 6 months
When you meet all the requirements above, you have to schedule a meeting for a driving test in your local Department of Motor Vehicles.
In order to obtain a Junior Driver License, you need to follow these steps:
- First, you have to go to the Vermont DMV office
- Then you must complete an application and your parents/guardian must sign it
- After it, you have to submit your Driver education completion certificate and Driving Practice Log Sheet
- Of course, you need to provide proof of identity, birth date, Social Security number, legal presence, and residency
- You have to pass a DMV road test
- And lastly, you have to pay all the fees
How much is a Vermont Driver License?
The fees vary from state to state. You have to pay some amount of money in order to get or renew your driver’s license. Here are the prices:
- At first, if you want to get a driver’s license for 2 years you have to pay $32.00
- But If you want to get a driver’s license for 4 years the fee is $51.00
- If you want to replace your driver’s license, the fee will be $20.00
- Then what refers to an enhanced driver’s license the cost for it will be $30.00
- The fee for the junior driver’s license is #32.00
- In order to get a Learner’s Permit, you have to pay $20.00
- If you want to have an Ignition Interlock Restricted License you have to pay $125.00
- And the reinstatement fee is $80.00
You have to pass an exam in order to get a Driver’s License. Here are the prices for the exams:
- For the Road test of a Driver’s License, you must pay $19.00
- The fee for the knowledge test of a Learner’s permit will be $32.00
- The Knowledge test of the motorcycle learner’s permit is $9.00
- And for the Road test of a motorcycle, you have to pay $19.00
And here you can find the fees for training courses, which will be helpful for you
- The instructor application fee is $105.00
- For the driver’s training instructor license whether it is new or renewed the fee will be $75.00
- The driver’s training license and a replacement fee will be $8.00
- The fee for the school application for driver’s training will be $150.00
- And lastly, the school license of a driver’s training will be $225.00
What classes are there in Vermont?
Driver’s License classes are to differentiate the driver’s skills. The one who drives a car cannot have the same skills in order to drive a truck. So here are the classes of driver’s licenses in Vermont:
- Class D- This class is given to people, who want to drive any single vehicle with a GVWR of less than 26.000 pounds. This class of license is a regular type of class in Vermont
- Class M- This class is for motorcycles. People who want to drive a motorcycle must have a Class M driver’s license
- Class A, B, and C- These classes are for commercial cars.
How to renew a Driver’s License in Vermont?
In order to renew your Driver’s License, you will receive a renewal notice by mail 30 days before the driver’s license expiration. But if you do not receive the notice, you have to submit an application and sign it. Any change that has occurred must be done in the form too. Your application you must send to the Department of Motor Vehicles.